Monday, March 16, 2009

Summer Job





D is trying to earn money for the summer via mowing lawns. With his Ipod blaring and his flip flops on, he already has a repeat customer from last year and has gotten the 1st mowing of that lawn under his belt. I think we all did this when we were kids for money--as my parents say "it builds character"! If that is the case, I have a lot of character--that was about all I got if I remember correctly. Maybe that is where the child market 1st started. Adults hiring kids, like myself to their work around the house, lawn mowing, cleaning, etc. for a small amount and you would take it, because it was better than nothing! Makes you wonder! Who knows, maybe he will make enough to pay for his gas money to drive to school next year! A parent can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment